NEW DATE FOR ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 16/12/18
Members are advised that due to unforeseen circumstances, it is necessary to reschedule the 2018 Annual General Meeting which was to have been held on Wednesday 12th December at 7-30 pm.
The 2018 Annual General Meeting of The Chelsea Football Club Incorporated will now be held in the Tom Williams Social Rooms 13 Beardsworth Avenue Chelsea, on Sunday 16th December at 12 midday.
The ordinary business of the annual general meeting is as follows—
(A) confirm the minutes of the previous annual general meeting;
(B) receive and consider—
(i) the annual report of the Board on the activities of the Association during the preceding financial year; and
(ii) the financial statements of the Association for the preceding financial year submitted by
the Board in accordance with Part 7 of the Act;
© receive and vote on Resolution for change of rules (Summarised as Follows)
A motion to change the Rules of The Association will be presented for Vote at the AGM.
The reasons for the Rule Changes are summarised as follow:
1. To alter the Number of Board Members that may be elected. The reason for this is that with the growth of the Club, especially in the area of Netball, we need to provide the opportunity for a larger Board Structure. (Rule 46 (1) (b) refers)
2. Currently the rules provide for the appointment of a Snr Vice President and 2 Junior Vice Presidents. Rule changes remove reference to those appointments and they are replaced by appointment of 2 Vice Presidents (Rule’s 46 (2), 48, 58 (1) refer)
3. Currently the rules are confusing with respect to terms of appointment for both President and The Board Members and changes are proposed to provide clarity as below:
- – A President holding Office as a result of a casual vacancy (if existing Board member) or a Board appointment, shall understand that this is a temporary position and that they will vacate office at the Annual General Meeting immediately following their appointment,
- A Board Member holding Office as a result of either a Board appointment, or a casual vacancy,
shall understand that this is a temporary position and that they will vacate office at the Annual
General Meeting immediately following their appointment,
- Rules 52 (1 and 2), 54 and 57 refer.
(D) elect the members of the Board; In accordance with The Rules of The Association, Election for positions of President and Members of The Board will be held.
Nominations for Board Positions must be completed using Form below and forwarded to The Returning Officer (Secretary) 7 days prior to The Meeting.
Nominations may be posted to Chelsea Football Club P.O.Box 38 Chelsea Vic 3196, or forwarded by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13 Beardsworth Avenue Chelsea